Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weddings





Now I would not call myself a Wedding Makeup Artist, but chances are, if I like you and I am invited to your wedding, I am going to offer to do your makeup - like it or not. (And I won't take it personally if you say, "no thanks") When it is a friend or family member, its a great chance to spend time with the bride on her biggest day and (hopefully) help make her feel relaxed and beautiful.
Unless the bride has a specific idea in mind, I tend to go for the "You Only Better" look, as my sister coined it. The groom wants to recognize whoever is charging down the aisle at him so the look shouldn't be drastically different from everyday. I like to smooth out and polish up the skin, pop the lashline as much as possible and only use waterproof mascara. No matter how much the bride swears she isn't gonna cry. A stain under any non-sticky gloss helps keep lips tinted even after the groom ruins the shine. I particularly like the Tarte Rise and Shine plumping lip stain and gloss duo.
If the wedding has a particular aesthetic - for example a friend's recent wedding had a distinct 30's flavor - add something to tie the look in, like a distinct smudgy eyeline. But in general, if your bride wears little makeup regularly, you don't want to throw a dark lipstick and smoky eye on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment